It’s an exciting time to be a part of the UpContent team! Fresh from our Series A round of funding, we’re growing rapidly and though we hope to always stay small and scrappy, it’s time we bring on an expert to develop and own our customer support experience, from the top of the funnel all the way to our most loyal, paid options. If you’re a patient, empathetic self-starter and excellent communicator with an interest in content marketing and SaaS technology, you just might be our person.
We love our UpContent customers, and we want to make sure they love their experience every time. And on the occasion that they don’t, we want to make things right and learn from our shortcomings. From email to onboarding to live chat to tutorial videos, we aim to both equip our users with better content to fuel their communities and ensure they get all of the answers they need in an efficient, effective, and thoroughly enjoyable manner.
Before we get into how you’ll be delighting our users, we’d love to share a bit more about UpContent so you can get a feel for what it’s like to work with us!
It’s our mission to help marketers spend less time searching for and more time acting on tailored content to spark informed conversations with their audience–all while becoming a trusted authority. Our product, UpContent, is integrated with the industry’s leading social media management platforms, Hootsuite and Buffer, making it easier than ever to find, curate, and schedule relevant content.
We’re a small, dedicated team with a flexible, autonomous culture, fueled by coffee and Chick-fil-A. We work hard and laugh harder. Keep reading if this sounds like the kind of environment you’re looking for!
- You have an uncanny ability to dig into a customer’s issue, infer what’s actually going on (often with vague information), anticipate future areas that might trip them up, and clearly explain what they need to do in order for them to be successful with UpContent and even their overall content curation strategy.
- You’re friendly, naturally empathetic, and patient. You’re happy to answer the same question multiple times in a day because it’s another opportunity to make someone’s day. You can deliver difficult news with confidence and still manage to exceed the customer’s expectations.
- You are awesome at prioritizing tasks and switching gears seamlessly. One moment you’ll be answering emails and the next you’ll be hopping onto live chat to walk a prospective customer through a demo to show them how UpContent will help them save time and find more meaningful content they actually care about. Flexibility is your forte.
- You maintain a delicate balance between speed of response and accuracy.
- You are comfortable taking initiative and finding new, creative ways to solve problems or delight the customer. You thrive working both independently and as part of a team.
- You exercise the UpContent brand voice in every interaction, throwing in the occasional, but totally necessary gif when appropriate.
- You’re comfortable talking to users through email and live chat, over the phone, on camera, and even in-person, sometimes in front of large groups who may ask difficult questions.
- You’re always learning and growing and experimenting with new tools and processes. You appreciate constructive feedback and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- You’re our customer’s’ biggest advocate and provide customer-centric (quantitative and qualitative) feedback to the product and marketing teams to continually improve UpContent.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of UpContent’s content discovery technology and customers’ core needs
- Build strong relationships with customers and prospects through both inbound and outbound efforts (email, live chat, social media, forums, etc.)
- Assist customers in creating custom search queries to ensure they are receiving the most relevant results
- Build out and own the UpContent Knowledgebase, updating and tweaking regularly to give customers a self-service support option
- Develop and record audio/video product tutorials and/or host demos, webinars, and workshops
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Community Engagement and Lead Product Designer to fine-tune the onboarding process and identify areas to surprise and delight customers
- Work with the Product team to report important metrics that will inform feature releases, to identify bugs, and to ensure a smooth and enjoyable user experience
- Attend key events, tradeshows, or conferences as needed
- Send swag and personalized notes to thank our premium customers
- 2-5 years experience in customer support, professional services, or account management
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience with Mac and Windows operating systems
- You use UpContent regularly
- You’re familiar with content marketing and applications like Hootsuite and Buffer
- You have experience with live chat support
- You aren’t afraid to experiment with outside-of-the-box ideas and strategies
How to Apply